
Where's Whitty in the Land of the Sunbeams?....
It's clear from this picture that the seedlings of my testimony were cultivated in my early years of primary class. A couple years ago, my sister, Mariesa, began scanning all of our family pictures and came across this candid little gem. She emailed it to me and for some reason it always makes me chuckle. It's fairly indicative of my childhood, right there. I look at it and pity the poor teacher, who is trying to act amused as all of us kids wriggle about. However, in this picture it's pretty apparent that I am being the spazzy, disruptive one, closely followed by the kid in the red pants who looks like he's about to mount the table or maybe the blond smiley boy who is about to hit the floor at a run. I don't know what the lesson was about this particular week, but it looks like I had something to say about it :) I came across this picture the other night and noticed something in it that MADE MY DAY! What was I getting so excited about that day in primary? Well, I looked closely at the teacher and realized that she has a Tootsie Roll in her hand! Ha ha! There I am, showing off like Flipper so that my teacher will toss me a Tootsie Roll. Only candy would silence me?! Maybe. But not for long!

5 comments:
LOL! Love the picture. And your description of a typical sunbeam class made me laugh. Now that I am working in Primary I can appreciate oh so much more.
It looks like the lesson was about smiles ... :)
Hahaha! I truly am grinning from ear to ear - not as much as you in the photo, though. I absolutely ADORE "childhood Whitty!" You have some of the funniest childhood stories I've ever heard. I love your expression in this pic - all in the name of a tootsie roll. Classic!!
**BONUS**
I just remembered a story about your stuffed dog, Winston. You told me one time that you thought there was an intruder in your house so you grabbed Winston and, in an attempt to allude the predators, you stuck his head out your bedroom door and started barking. HA! You fooled them!!!! Who would be able to tame such a ferocious beast?! This is why I love you! :)
Ha ha.. you are too funny. I love this picture. And look at you! You are updated your blog and changing the look of it and everything! I am so proud of you.
Shweenums!! What a CUTE post and I LOVE your page--SOO artsy!! Now if only I could have a better resolution. ;)
Love ya!!
Post a Comment