Monday, January 18, 2010

In defense of my leave of absence...

Four score and seven weeks ago (actually, an accurate estimate) I began this blog. It was supposed to really change my life, as it seemed to change everyone else’s. However, I just haven’t been able to get into blogging. I really like the concept of the blog. I think that each individual has a bit of the creative spark within them and blogging celebrates that. Blogging is a legitimate form of self-expression, express on…! Lots of my friends have blogs and I enjoy checking for updates. My roommate Tracy, darling Tracy, has a great blog that she updates diligently with all sorts of updates and anecdotes. Over the last year, our running joke has been that I check her blog to see what is going on in my own life. She’s better at blogging my life than I am! But, I have decided that I’m okay with that.

Reasons why I don’t blog:

1. I am too busy to blog about what I’m doing
2. Fear of rejection from blog readers – honestly, I think I am the only one that laughs at certain things and I should probably keep those things to myself :)
3. Phrases like “legitimate form of self-expression” and other such parlance can hardly be entertaining in the collective blog-o-sphere
4. It will take away from my allotted daily Facebook stalking time
5. Isn’t a journal enough?
6. On some days, words cannot do justice to the amusement of life. Other days, my life is too boring and my thoughts are all rubber and mush
7. Tracy’s blog is much cuter than mine

Reasons why I am about to blog:

1. After talking to a few friends the other night about the very subject of blogging, it came down to either I start posting on my blog or I have to join LDS Link-up :) There is nothing wrong with either.

I am chuckling to myself right now, because I realize that I am going to post this and no one will read it because my blog withered and died last year. I’m okay with that, too ;)

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey look, it's a reader! And one who was amused and pleasantly surprised by your update. In your own words, express on!

Stacie said...

I'm reading! Oh please oh please keep updating! I love it. Especially because you use words like parlance. And I understand the fear of rejection. I keep blogging through it, but it's always there. Like, who is really reading this and what are they REALLY thinking? Anyway, I'm excited for updates! :)

Tracy said...

You still have readers!! See!!! You should keep blogging! And thanks for the compliments. And just for the record... I think you are so funny and whitty and I would read everything you posted. Isn't that enough? I say keep it coming.... but that is just me.

Sharon said...

I'm glad your back! I love reading your blog. You have a delightful way of expressing yourself! I shall check tomorrow for more updates from the life of Whit!

Clyda and John said...

LOL! That is the beauty of a blog. You can leave it behind and people still keep stalking. And I could use a little bit of your whit.